Copiers & ScannersCopiers & Scanners Buyers Guide
Top Sellers Copiers & Scanners
Choose your Copiers & Scanners
More About Copiers & Scanners
Copiers and Scanners
The Huntoffice.co.uk team warmly welcomes you to our Copiers and Scanners webstore. Huntoffice UK is dedicated to providing our customers with the cheapest online prices and top quality customer service. We have a 1 -2 day deliver policy on 99% of all our stocked items. We work in close partnership with our dedicated courier service to supply you with all your Copier and Scanner needs regardless of your location in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Photocopiers are the cheapest and fastest method of producing large quantities documents to meet the demands of modern businesses, educational institutes and government agencies. Many of today’s copiers have evolved to incorporate multifunction technologies such as fax, scanning and printing. Copiers can be an expensive purchase so it is important you understand how to take carry of the unit so as to ensure years to optimal service.
The team at Huntoffice UK have put together some useful copier maintenance tips so you can get the best possible results from your copier unit. (Note – always read the instruction manual before you start)
How to Maintain a Copier Machine –
• To avoid unwanted accidents. Please unplug the Photocopier before you start.
• Consult the operator manual to clarify what cleaning products are suitable for your copier.
• If your copier has a built in scanner, lightly dust of the glass with a dry cloth before applying a small amount of suitable cleaning solution. Carefully wipe the glass with clean cloth until all cleaner residue has disappeared.
• We recommend you use original toners for your copier as some generic brands may not produce the optimum image quality.
• If excess toner has built up on the drum unit, you can use a mylar bar to scrap away leftover particals.
• Occasionally, the copier’s fuser unit may also need cleaning. To clean the fuser unit you will a soft cloth and silicon oil. Apply the oil to a damp cloth and rub over the unit until it is clean. If there is some silicon oil left on the fuser unit, dry with a clean soft cloth.
Many of us don’t realise the variety of wonderful things that can be done with our home or office scanner, so the team at Huntoffice UK, want to remind you of the useful functions you can benefit from when you use your scanner correctly.
Photographs – Is there an old family picture you know a close relative would love to have a copy of? If so, why not scan the photograph onto your computer and send it to them via email as a Birthday or Christmas gift?
Copying documents – If you rarely have to copy documents and do not own a printer, why waste money buying an expensive copier /printer for ad-hoc copying jobs? All you need to do is copy the image using the scanner onto a USB stick and get it printed for a few pence in the local stationary shop.
Faxing Documents – if you have an image or piece of text on hardcopy at home, you can scan the hardcopy onto your computer, print onto an A4 page and simply fax it to another recipient.
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Software- If you have large amounts of hardcopy documents that need to be edited but you don’t have time to retype the full text. You can scan the documents and the OCR software will convert the hardcopy text into digital format which you can then edit on your computer.
Get the kids involved – Get your children interested in the digital world by letting them scan their favourite item(s) and allow them to print off copies as presents for other family members.